Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A little about me

My name is Allen Jackson and I was born in Detroit.  I am the youngest of four children.  My passion for journalism started when I began watching sports and I could always talk about it but I couldn’t write about it.  During my time here at Wayne State I did stories on The Wayne State University Women’s basketball team’s tournament run, stories on the history of Comerica Park, last year’s opening day at Comerica Park.  
Currently I work at Comerica Park as an event housekeeper, while there I get to be around journalists to see how they do their jobs.  Some of the people that I look up to in this profession are Stephen A. Smith, the late Stuart Scott, and Dan Miller are just a few. 

I am a senior and I will be graduating in December of this year with a bachelor’s degree in journalism.  Also, I also have an interest for photojournalism as well that is why I wanted to take this class because I want to learn how to take excellent photos and use them effectively in terms of being in the sports field. That is all about me, talk to you guys soon!       

No comments:

Post a Comment